Witchford Village College sign language teacher Pip nominated for award by her students
- Credit: Archant
A sign language teacher at Witchford Village College has been nominated for a national award by her students.
Pip Johns, who has had a 100 per cent pass rate since teaching at the school, is a community education tutor there.
Miss Johns is nominated in the experienced teacher category of the Signature Annual Awards.
The awards, now in their ninth year, “celebrate individuals who are making positive changes and putting others first to improve communication and experiences for deaf and deafblind people,” said a spokesman.
“The event celebrates the unsung heroes - the people whose support can help us all achieve bigger and better things, and those who are a constant source of support and inspiration.”
You may also want to watch:
Pip’s BSL Sign Language Level 1 course is running this term on Tuesday evenings from 7-9pm.
For more information contact the community education team at Witchford Village College by calling 01353 664468 or email GPoulter@witchfordvc.co.uk or visit www.signatureannualawards.org.uk
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
The next course starts on Tuesday September 19.