Witchford Village College prom is a real ball - despite the rain
- Credit: Archant
Pupils at Witchford Village College ended their Year 11 studies in style on Friday when they put on the glitz for their prom.
Jo Gordon, from the college, said: “Vehicles started arriving at 6.45pm and a large crowd gathered to welcome them. All students had made a huge effort to dress-up and throw themselves into the occasion.
“They all looked fantastic. Half-way through the arrivals the heavens opened and umbrellas went up - this seems to have become a Witchford tradition over the last four years.
“Once inside students were welcomed to a masquerade ball, the college had worked with Rose Barn and Sally Bibby’s flair to make the college hall unrecognisable.
“DJ Charlie knew how to keep them entertained. There was a sweet bar and Mr Hughes, Mr Tatham, Mr Armour and Mr Mappledoram did a great job supplying alcohol-free cocktails all night.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you to Shaun Scott Photography and the community for supporting our annual event.”
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages