Witchford Village College get in the festive spirit with Christmas card competition and soup offering
- Credit: Archant
Students at Witchford Village College have certainly been getting in the Christmas spirit.
The college’s Year 7 pupils kicked off the festive season by designing a Christmas card to send to a person who will be alone during the winter.
Over 120 entries were submitted to judges Ely Tesco community chamion Tash Homes and Year 7 progress leader, Adam Carter, before all the cards were sent off alongside Christmas shoe boxes donated by Tesco.
The generous students then made a batch of handmade soup and bread rolls and served them to elderly residents in Manor Court, Witchford.
Vice Principal, Shona McKenzie, said: “What a pleasure it was to have our young people involved in a joint community project with Tesco.
“Our Year 7s were so enthusiastic in the making of the cards and we would be happy to support further projects.
“The residents of Manor Court thoroughly enjoyed the students’ visit and tucked into hot bowls of tomato and vegetable soup, and for a special Christmas treat they sang carols with the students and enjoyed a mince pie.”
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’