GCSE success stories at Witchford Village College
- Credit: Archant
GCSE results day 2018 produced a number of success stories for students at Witchford Village College.
Among the outstanding students were Gus Richards who achieved seven grade 8s and 9s from all of his results, Susie Holland and Ed Ouzman who both achieved six of the top grades, and Jade Drever and Ethan King who achieved five of the top grades from their nine qualifications.
Lawrence Green, meanwhile, achieved all As and A* grades in his GCSEs. He got three grade 7s and five grade 9s and an A* (for further maths). Picture: Katy Green.
Zak Mappledoram, Year 11 progress leader, said: “Responding well to the changes presented by the new exam expectations and grading system, our students rose to the challenge placed before them.
“All of the staff at Witchford Village College pass on our congratulations to our departing Year 11 students and wish them well in the next step of their education and careers.”
You may also want to watch:
The school’s new principal, Daniel Baxby, who took on the role in June, said: “What has shone through brighter than anything has been our students. We have a rich seam of potential amonst the student body that is just waiting to be mined.
“We are very clear that this process will move at full-throttle with all parts of the triangle – students, school and parents – working closely together towards this goal.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut