More than 60 Year 8 pupils get a taste of the creative industry at Witchford Village College
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A group of Year 8 pupils in Witchford got a taste of the creative industry when they had a visit from the ‘Creating the Future’ project.
More than 60 students at Witchford Village College were challenged to design an Instagram post for a pizza advert with hashtags as part of the project.
They then had to pitch their ideas to their peers and create a campaign for a 30-day challenge aimed at their age group to inspire health and wellbeing.
A spokesman said: “Great resilience was shown when students had to stand up and present to each other, each taking a role in the process.
“We are very grateful to the representatives from the project, they are very inspiring people with interesting experiences to share about their work.”
You may also want to watch:
Students also had to include an idea for an app, an advertising campaign, logo and strap line and then sell it to their audience.
They were split into ten groups and had to work collaboratively with input from everyone in the group to formulate ideas.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 8 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
Creating the Future is a partnership project with Festival Bridge working with the Arts Council to connect young people with art and culture.