More than 60 Year 8 pupils get a taste of the creative industry at Witchford Village College
- Credit: SUBMITTED
A group of Year 8 pupils in Witchford got a taste of the creative industry when they had a visit from the ‘Creating the Future’ project.
More than 60 students at Witchford Village College were challenged to design an Instagram post for a pizza advert with hashtags as part of the project.
They then had to pitch their ideas to their peers and create a campaign for a 30-day challenge aimed at their age group to inspire health and wellbeing.
A spokesman said: “Great resilience was shown when students had to stand up and present to each other, each taking a role in the process.
“We are very grateful to the representatives from the project, they are very inspiring people with interesting experiences to share about their work.”
Students also had to include an idea for an app, an advertising campaign, logo and strap line and then sell it to their audience.
They were split into ten groups and had to work collaboratively with input from everyone in the group to formulate ideas.
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Missing woman back home
- 3 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 4 Petition launched to save village pub
- 5 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 6 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
Creating the Future is a partnership project with Festival Bridge working with the Arts Council to connect young people with art and culture.