RAF Witchford Remembrance Sunday service and wreath laying
- Credit: Archant
Families and friends of veterans of 115 Squadron who were based at RAF Witchford airfield (now Lancaster Way Business Park) during World War II from 1943 to the end of hostilities, attended the Remembrance Service in St Andrew’s Church.
They then attended the short service and wreath-laying at the 115 Squadron Memorial, which is dedicated to those who failed to return to Witchford from operations.
Both services were addressed by Reverend Teresa Dixon.
After a buffet lunch which is provided each year by the Committee of Witchford Social Club, they visited RAF Witchford Display of Memorabilia which is dedicated to men and women who were based at RAF Witchford 115 Squadron and 75 (NZ) Squadron at RAF Mepal during WWII.
Also attending were two young air cadets from Ely Air Training Corps and two representatives from 115 (R) CFS Squadron based at RAF Wittering.