Witchford Man hit by three cars is named
“Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life.”
A MAN who died after being hit by three vehicles in Ely in the early hours of Sunday morning has been named as Jim Burns.
Mr Burns, 43 and a father-of-three, was walking along the A142, Witchford Road close to the Lancaster Way Business Park roundabout at about 12.15am on Sunday when he was struck by three vehicles and suffered fatal injuries.
A statement, released on behalf of Mr Burns’ family, said: “Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life. He touched so many people’s lives with his love of, and contribution to, sports.”
Mr Burns, from Witchford, was a member of Ely Tigers Rugby Club and a keen sportsman.
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision. A grey Volvo V50, silver Fiat Ulysse and a blue Honda Civic were involved in the incident. None of the occupants of the vehicles suffered any injuries.
INFO: Anyone with information should call Pc Steve Edwards on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 3 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 4 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 5 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 8 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 9 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 10 Auditor who fell ill on eve of farmgate report not returning to council