Witchford Man hit by three cars is named
“Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life.”
A MAN who died after being hit by three vehicles in Ely in the early hours of Sunday morning has been named as Jim Burns.
Mr Burns, 43 and a father-of-three, was walking along the A142, Witchford Road close to the Lancaster Way Business Park roundabout at about 12.15am on Sunday when he was struck by three vehicles and suffered fatal injuries.
A statement, released on behalf of Mr Burns’ family, said: “Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life. He touched so many people’s lives with his love of, and contribution to, sports.”
Mr Burns, from Witchford, was a member of Ely Tigers Rugby Club and a keen sportsman.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision. A grey Volvo V50, silver Fiat Ulysse and a blue Honda Civic were involved in the incident. None of the occupants of the vehicles suffered any injuries.
INFO: Anyone with information should call Pc Steve Edwards on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride