Witchford Man hit by three cars is named
“Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life.”
A MAN who died after being hit by three vehicles in Ely in the early hours of Sunday morning has been named as Jim Burns.
Mr Burns, 43 and a father-of-three, was walking along the A142, Witchford Road close to the Lancaster Way Business Park roundabout at about 12.15am on Sunday when he was struck by three vehicles and suffered fatal injuries.
A statement, released on behalf of Mr Burns’ family, said: “Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life. He touched so many people’s lives with his love of, and contribution to, sports.”
Mr Burns, from Witchford, was a member of Ely Tigers Rugby Club and a keen sportsman.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision. A grey Volvo V50, silver Fiat Ulysse and a blue Honda Civic were involved in the incident. None of the occupants of the vehicles suffered any injuries.
INFO: Anyone with information should call Pc Steve Edwards on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 3 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 4 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 5 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 Policing stepped up to tackle criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 9 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 10 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby