Witchford Man hit by three cars is named
“Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life.”
A MAN who died after being hit by three vehicles in Ely in the early hours of Sunday morning has been named as Jim Burns.
Mr Burns, 43 and a father-of-three, was walking along the A142, Witchford Road close to the Lancaster Way Business Park roundabout at about 12.15am on Sunday when he was struck by three vehicles and suffered fatal injuries.
A statement, released on behalf of Mr Burns’ family, said: “Jim was a devoted father and loving husband. He was a huge character known to everyone for his outgoing and enthusiastic outlook on life. He touched so many people’s lives with his love of, and contribution to, sports.”
Mr Burns, from Witchford, was a member of Ely Tigers Rugby Club and a keen sportsman.
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for witnesses of the collision. A grey Volvo V50, silver Fiat Ulysse and a blue Honda Civic were involved in the incident. None of the occupants of the vehicles suffered any injuries.
INFO: Anyone with information should call Pc Steve Edwards on 0345 456 4564.
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 3 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 4 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 5 Cash stolen and till broken in fourth break-in at Co-op store in four months
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 8 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 9 Superb acting, singing and dancing at KD Theatre musical
- 10 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online