Witchford is being given a chance to shape its future
- Credit: Archant
A community with a vision for the future has applied for control of their town so it can work out neighbourhood planning..
Witchford Parish Council wants to engage directly with the people who live and work in the town to shape the growth of the area.
So it has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council for the whole of the parish to be declared a Neighbourhood Area.
This marks the first step toward the parish council being able to create a plan to guide development.
Neighbourhood planning gives communities direct power to develop a shared vision for the area.
You may also want to watch:
They are able to choose where they want new homes, shops and offices to be built, have their say on what those new buildings should look like and what infrastructure should be provided, and grant planning permission for the new buildings they want to see go ahead.
Neighbourhood planning provides a powerful set of tools for local people to ensure that they get the right types of development for their community.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
East Cambridgeshire District Council has published the Witchford Neighbourhood Area application and is inviting written representations form local people, businesses, landowners and other interested parties.
Following this consultation, the district council will decide whether to designate Witchford parish as a Neighbourhood Area.
The Neighbourhood Area application is available for inspection during normal opening hours at East Cambridgeshire District Council office, The Grange, Nutholt Lane, Ely.
Or view it at http://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/local-development-framework/neighbourhood-planning.