Witchford Colts Under 10s Blue donate old training kit to charity KitAid
A team of youngsters has done its bit in helping those in some of the world’s poorest countries by donating their training kit to charity.
Witchford Colts Under 10s Blue have handed their black and white kit to KitAid, which provides sports kit to underprivileged children and adults across the world.
A Witchford Colts spokesman said: “The boys in the team thought it would be a great way to have the kit re-used now that they have grown out of it.
“The complete set of kits – 15 shirts, shorts and socks – is still in wonderful condition but it is now too small for them.”
The adidas kit was originally bought for the youngsters by local coach company, Greys of Ely, in 2014.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about KitAid or to donate a kit, visit www.kitaid.net.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry