£218.50 raised for St Andrew’s Church extension at a dinner and quiz in Witchford
- Credit: Archant
£218.50 was raised towards the St Andrew’s Church Witchford extension fund at a dinner and quiz event.
Guests enjoyed a two-course dinner with music by Phil and Laurine and The Isle Singers.
A ‘quirky quiz’ completed the evening and the best slogan for the Friends of St. Andrew’s Church Witchford 200 club was ‘give a pound to spend a penny’. The winner of this month’s £20 was Mrs. A.Tyler.
The next event to enjoy will be a photographic competition.
To take part, send one to three unmounted photos sized A4 or less on the subject of ‘Life’ with your name, address, phone number, email and age or ‘adult’ on the back to ‘Antipodes’, 17 Common Rd., Witchford by Thursday November 22.
The age groups will be adult, 13-17 years and up to 12 years. It is free to enter.
By entering you agree that the photos may be kept and used again for other fundraising activities for the church.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 4 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 5 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 6 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 9 Visit Ely announces series of fun-packed events ahead of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Cambridgeshire
Come to judge the photo competition in St Andrew’s Church from 10am to 2pm on November 24.
Email email@example.com or call 01353 663918 for info.