Witchford choir appeals for new male members
VIBRANT community choir, Witchford Voices has put a call out to recruit new male singers to its ranks.
The choir, which boasts more than 70 members, with a wide ranging repertoire of popular music is keen to encourage men who enjoy singing to get in touch.
No musical training is required – many current choir members cannot read music – just a love of singing and a desire to get involved with a choir that is going places.
Musical director Naomi d’Cunha, said: “We have a great blend of voices at the moment and we are now looking to develop the depth that our male section brings to the Witchford Voices sound.”
“I’ve been with Witchford Voices for almost two years and have had a great time.” said choir member Robin Howlett,“It’s a friendly group of people, the men have a good laugh, and we get a real sense of achievement from working hard together to put on some great performances.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested, please contact choir manager Keith Gallois on 07850 668183 for more information.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor