Witchford choir appeals for new male members
VIBRANT community choir, Witchford Voices has put a call out to recruit new male singers to its ranks.
The choir, which boasts more than 70 members, with a wide ranging repertoire of popular music is keen to encourage men who enjoy singing to get in touch.
No musical training is required – many current choir members cannot read music – just a love of singing and a desire to get involved with a choir that is going places.
Musical director Naomi d’Cunha, said: “We have a great blend of voices at the moment and we are now looking to develop the depth that our male section brings to the Witchford Voices sound.”
“I’ve been with Witchford Voices for almost two years and have had a great time.” said choir member Robin Howlett,“It’s a friendly group of people, the men have a good laugh, and we get a real sense of achievement from working hard together to put on some great performances.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are interested, please contact choir manager Keith Gallois on 07850 668183 for more information.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000