Council warns drivers of overnight closures coming up for road repairs on A142 at Witcham Toll with 40mph limit during the day
- Credit: Archant
County council officials tonight warned that the A142 at Witcham Toll will close for seven weekday nights from Wednesday.
The closure will be in place from Wednesday 24 October 24 for seven nights (excluding weekends) for resurfacing between 8pm to 6am.
There will be a 40mph limit in place during the day.
It is part of major resurfacing works being carried out by the county council that began last month to make improvements at 17 locations across Cambridgeshire.
A council spokesman said: “The roads selected as part of this package are suffering from surface deterioration, cracking or joint failure which is leading to increasingly frequent potholes.
“Many are at the end of their usable life. Most of these works will require a full or overnight road closure. “
The council warned that as with all our resurfacing works, the timings and dates for these works are weather dependent and can change at short notice.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
They advise to keep an eye on their webpage for schedule changes or following their Twitter page @Cambs_Traffic for updates on the day or keep an eye on local signage for more information.