Council warns drivers of overnight closures coming up for road repairs on A142 at Witcham Toll with 40mph limit during the day
- Credit: Archant
County council officials tonight warned that the A142 at Witcham Toll will close for seven weekday nights from Wednesday.
The closure will be in place from Wednesday 24 October 24 for seven nights (excluding weekends) for resurfacing between 8pm to 6am.
There will be a 40mph limit in place during the day.
It is part of major resurfacing works being carried out by the county council that began last month to make improvements at 17 locations across Cambridgeshire.
A council spokesman said: “The roads selected as part of this package are suffering from surface deterioration, cracking or joint failure which is leading to increasingly frequent potholes.
You may also want to watch:
“Many are at the end of their usable life. Most of these works will require a full or overnight road closure. “
The council warned that as with all our resurfacing works, the timings and dates for these works are weather dependent and can change at short notice.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 9 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 10 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
They advise to keep an eye on their webpage for schedule changes or following their Twitter page @Cambs_Traffic for updates on the day or keep an eye on local signage for more information.