Witcham’s new judo club receives sponsorship deal from two local businesses
- Credit: Archant
Witcham Judo Club – despite only starting up at the beginning of the year – have received two sponsorship deals from local businesses.
The cash they’ve received has already helped pay for two new safety mats for the club’s younger members to use.
The club – set up by judo coach Stuart Aldous – started in the village at the beginning of 2018 and has proved to be popular with children in the area.
Stuart said: “The club has benefited greatly from the support of two generous local business’s - Mark Lee Coachworks and E&K Chivers - plumbing and Heating Ltd.”
“The support from the clubs two sponsors is fantastic! The two safety mats have made a real difference to how we can teach the judo safely to the members and we also have a lot of fun judo games that we can play with them.
You may also want to watch:
“We always do judo on safety mats and these can be very expensive to purchase.
“The members have really benefited by the sponsorship of these two businesses and it is great that they are so positive about the club that they wanted to be involved.”
For more information or if you wish to join the club, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer