Wisbech’s first junior park run is a scorching success
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of children and summery weather helped make the first edition of Wisbech’s junior park run a scorching success.
The free 2km timed event saw 46 participants between the age of four and 14 run alongside parents and a team of volunteers.
MP Steve Barclay, who was at the event, said: “The idea was presented to me when I hosted a running round table 18 months ago with local running clubs, and it is great to now get this underway. It builds on a programme of local sport as part of Active Fenland.”
“With the first event proving such a success, I hope more and more children and parents will attend on a regular basis.”
Three Counties Running Club were also involved, with eight junior members taking part – many of them in their first event and all achieving a course personal best.
You may also want to watch:
First home for TCRC was Lily Amps 9:24, Maisie Macdonald 9:28, Hayden Hall 10:03, William Durkin 11:57, Casey Grange 12:07, Joseph Durkin 13:29, Esme Drake 21:54 and Stephanie Harbord 21:59.
Junior park run will be held in Wisbech Park every Sunday starting at 9am.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
For adults, there is also the March park run every Saturday morning.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors for more information.