Wisbech’s first junior park run is a scorching success
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of children and summery weather helped make the first edition of Wisbech’s junior park run a scorching success.
The free 2km timed event saw 46 participants between the age of four and 14 run alongside parents and a team of volunteers.
MP Steve Barclay, who was at the event, said: “The idea was presented to me when I hosted a running round table 18 months ago with local running clubs, and it is great to now get this underway. It builds on a programme of local sport as part of Active Fenland.”
“With the first event proving such a success, I hope more and more children and parents will attend on a regular basis.”
Three Counties Running Club were also involved, with eight junior members taking part – many of them in their first event and all achieving a course personal best.
First home for TCRC was Lily Amps 9:24, Maisie Macdonald 9:28, Hayden Hall 10:03, William Durkin 11:57, Casey Grange 12:07, Joseph Durkin 13:29, Esme Drake 21:54 and Stephanie Harbord 21:59.
Junior park run will be held in Wisbech Park every Sunday starting at 9am.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
For adults, there is also the March park run every Saturday morning.
Visit www.parkrun.org.uk/Wisbech-juniors for more information.