Winter beer festival returns for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Real ale lovers will be flocking to Ely early next month as the Ely and District Campaign for Real Ale holds its annual winter beer festival at The Maltings.
The two-day festival, now in its fifth year, will be held on Friday and
Saturday, February 7-8.
Dan Chinery, festival organiser, said: “This year there will be a choice of more than 70 real ales and 12 ciders, as well as bottled foreign beers. There will be more in reserve if we need it.
“The range of cask ales, foreign beers and ciders have been chosen from both local breweries and those from more far-a-field. The aim is to provide a good selection of tastes and styles, which should ensure there will be something there for everyone to enjoy”
You may also want to watch:
Locally brewed beer from Cambridge Moonshine, Fellows, Milton and Son of Sid, as well as cider from Pickled Pig and Glebe Farm make up just a few of the vast selection.
The festival will be open from 10.30am-10pm on Friday and 11-8pm on Saturday. Admission is £1 or free for CAMRA members. Food will be available at all sessions.
- 1 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 2 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of assault
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 6 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 Woman transforms lockdown 'art retreat' into her own business
- 9 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like
- 10 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
For up to date festival news and information follow @ElyBeerFestival on Twitter or visit www.ely-camra.org.uk