Winter beer festival returns for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Real ale lovers will be flocking to Ely early next month as the Ely and District Campaign for Real Ale holds its annual winter beer festival at The Maltings.
The two-day festival, now in its fifth year, will be held on Friday and
Saturday, February 7-8.
Dan Chinery, festival organiser, said: “This year there will be a choice of more than 70 real ales and 12 ciders, as well as bottled foreign beers. There will be more in reserve if we need it.
“The range of cask ales, foreign beers and ciders have been chosen from both local breweries and those from more far-a-field. The aim is to provide a good selection of tastes and styles, which should ensure there will be something there for everyone to enjoy”
You may also want to watch:
Locally brewed beer from Cambridge Moonshine, Fellows, Milton and Son of Sid, as well as cider from Pickled Pig and Glebe Farm make up just a few of the vast selection.
The festival will be open from 10.30am-10pm on Friday and 11-8pm on Saturday. Admission is £1 or free for CAMRA members. Food will be available at all sessions.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
For up to date festival news and information follow @ElyBeerFestival on Twitter or visit www.ely-camra.org.uk