Winter beer festival returns for fifth year
- Credit: Archant
Real ale lovers will be flocking to Ely early next month as the Ely and District Campaign for Real Ale holds its annual winter beer festival at The Maltings.
The two-day festival, now in its fifth year, will be held on Friday and
Saturday, February 7-8.
Dan Chinery, festival organiser, said: “This year there will be a choice of more than 70 real ales and 12 ciders, as well as bottled foreign beers. There will be more in reserve if we need it.
“The range of cask ales, foreign beers and ciders have been chosen from both local breweries and those from more far-a-field. The aim is to provide a good selection of tastes and styles, which should ensure there will be something there for everyone to enjoy”
Locally brewed beer from Cambridge Moonshine, Fellows, Milton and Son of Sid, as well as cider from Pickled Pig and Glebe Farm make up just a few of the vast selection.
The festival will be open from 10.30am-10pm on Friday and 11-8pm on Saturday. Admission is £1 or free for CAMRA members. Food will be available at all sessions.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
For up to date festival news and information follow @ElyBeerFestival on Twitter or visit www.ely-camra.org.uk