Winner of Ely Standard's La Hogue Hamper Competition Is Delighted
THE winner of the Ely Standard s La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize. Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn t believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told th
THE winner of the Ely Standard's La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize.
Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: "It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told that I had won. You couldn't describe the hamper, it's so lovely. The basket is beautiful. We shall share it with our friends. Winning was a wonderful surprise."
Mrs Rushbrook's husband, Peter, collected her prize from La Hogue's Chris Reeks at the Ely Standard's office in Market Street as she is unwell.
4114HD1009: Chris Reeks from La Hogue with Peter Rushbrook.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 4 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 5 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 6 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 9 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays