Winner of Ely Standard's La Hogue Hamper Competition Is Delighted
THE winner of the Ely Standard s La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize. Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn t believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told th
THE winner of the Ely Standard's La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize.
Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: "It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told that I had won. You couldn't describe the hamper, it's so lovely. The basket is beautiful. We shall share it with our friends. Winning was a wonderful surprise."
Mrs Rushbrook's husband, Peter, collected her prize from La Hogue's Chris Reeks at the Ely Standard's office in Market Street as she is unwell.
4114HD1009: Chris Reeks from La Hogue with Peter Rushbrook.
You may also want to watch:
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 2 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 3 Glass artist's angel wings sculpture is a poignant tribute
- 4 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 5 Father's Day messages inside this week's newspaper
- 6 Letter: Final call to book Covid vaccination
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 A nostalgic look at Ely and Cambridgeshire
- 10 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits