Winner of Ely Standard's La Hogue Hamper Competition Is Delighted
THE winner of the Ely Standard s La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize. Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn t believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told th
THE winner of the Ely Standard's La Hogue hamper competition said she was delighted with her prize.
Stephanie Rushbrook, of Old School Close, Littleport, said: "It is wonderful. When I saw it I couldn't believe my eyes. I was so excited when I was told that I had won. You couldn't describe the hamper, it's so lovely. The basket is beautiful. We shall share it with our friends. Winning was a wonderful surprise."
Mrs Rushbrook's husband, Peter, collected her prize from La Hogue's Chris Reeks at the Ely Standard's office in Market Street as she is unwell.
4114HD1009: Chris Reeks from La Hogue with Peter Rushbrook.
Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 2 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 3 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you
- 4 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 5 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 6 Prince Charming mannequin seen in car on motorway is mistaken for a body
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 9 Teenage motorcyclist dies after BMW crash
- 10 For Worship & Glory II exhibition coming to Ely Cathedral