Winner of Ely Folk Festival band competition announced
- Credit: Archant
The winner of this year’s Ely Folk Festival band competition has been announced.
Norwich-based trio Alden Patterson & Dashwood have been selected out of dozens of entries to perform on the main stage on July 7.
“With a very strong and varied crop of competition entries to select from this year, this folk/Americana trio won with their rich vocal harmonies, and lively use of fiddle, dobro, guitar and mandolin around beautifully written original songs and melodies,” said judge Fionnuala Lennon.
“Their music takes influence from folk traditions from both sides of the Atlantic.
“The band competition has been running for many years and provides a great opportunity for up-and-coming acts to get some well-deserved festival exposure with many previous winners going on to become well-known performers in the folk-roots music arena.”
You may also want to watch:
Alden Patterson and Dashwood will perform on the festival’s main stage on Friday evening, alongside TRADarrr, Sam Kelly Trio and the Georgia Lewis Band.
For tickets and a full list of the music and over events taking place over the weekend visit www.elyfolkfestival.co.uk
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation