Winifred and Ian Hall Celebrate 50 Golden Years Of Marriage
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King s School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old. They were mar
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King's School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old.
They were married at St George's Church in Little Thetford in 1960. Their bridesmaids were all from Ely, and attending the Golden Wedding anniversary celebrations were Christine Parish, Patricia Parish and Elizabeth Parish. Fourth bridesmaid Susan Powell could not make the reunion.
Mrs Hall worked as an SRN and trained at St Bartholomew's Hospital in London. Mr Hall worked for Sir Robert MacAlpine in London until his retirement. They live in Kent.
The couple have two children, Ruth and Andrew, born in 1961 and 1963 respectively, and both live in the USA. Mr and Mrs Hall have one granddaughter, Rebecca, daughter of Ruth.
You may also want to watch:
The family was reunited for the celebration which took place at St George's with a party afterwards at the Almonry in Ely.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 6 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 7 Power boats thrill crowds at river races
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’