Winifred and Ian Hall Celebrate 50 Golden Years Of Marriage
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King s School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old. They were mar
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King's School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old.
They were married at St George's Church in Little Thetford in 1960. Their bridesmaids were all from Ely, and attending the Golden Wedding anniversary celebrations were Christine Parish, Patricia Parish and Elizabeth Parish. Fourth bridesmaid Susan Powell could not make the reunion.
Mrs Hall worked as an SRN and trained at St Bartholomew's Hospital in London. Mr Hall worked for Sir Robert MacAlpine in London until his retirement. They live in Kent.
The couple have two children, Ruth and Andrew, born in 1961 and 1963 respectively, and both live in the USA. Mr and Mrs Hall have one granddaughter, Rebecca, daughter of Ruth.
You may also want to watch:
The family was reunited for the celebration which took place at St George's with a party afterwards at the Almonry in Ely.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?