Winifred and Ian Hall Celebrate 50 Golden Years Of Marriage
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King s School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old. They were mar
TEENAGE sweethearts from Ely celebrated 50 golden years of marriage on February 27. Winifred Smith and Ian Hall were the head girl and head boy of Ely High School and King's School Ely respectively and met when they were about 15 years-old.
They were married at St George's Church in Little Thetford in 1960. Their bridesmaids were all from Ely, and attending the Golden Wedding anniversary celebrations were Christine Parish, Patricia Parish and Elizabeth Parish. Fourth bridesmaid Susan Powell could not make the reunion.
Mrs Hall worked as an SRN and trained at St Bartholomew's Hospital in London. Mr Hall worked for Sir Robert MacAlpine in London until his retirement. They live in Kent.
The couple have two children, Ruth and Andrew, born in 1961 and 1963 respectively, and both live in the USA. Mr and Mrs Hall have one granddaughter, Rebecca, daughter of Ruth.
You may also want to watch:
The family was reunited for the celebration which took place at St George's with a party afterwards at the Almonry in Ely.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 9 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer