Win tickets to see the Nutcracker
A WORLD-renowned production of Tchaikovsky s Nutcracker ballet is coming to Cambridge, and three lucky Ely Standard readers will have the chance to win tickets to this spectacular performance from a host of international ballet stars. Set in winter-time
A WORLD-renowned production of Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker ballet is coming to Cambridge, and three lucky Ely Standard readers will have the chance to win tickets to this spectacular performance from a host of international ballet stars.
Set in winter-time Germany, village children prepare for the festive season by decorating their fir tree. When the local magician brings their decorated Christmas tree to life, all kinds of fear and wonder ensue.
The title role of Maria will be played by Kristina Tarentieva, winner of this year's top international dance prize in Vienna. More than 120 dancers and a full orchestra will really bring a sense of festive cheer to the faces of Corn Exchange audiences.
A family ticket, and two pairs of tickets are up for grabs. To enter the competition, just answer this question: Which composer wrote the music for the Nutcracker?
You may also want to watch:
Answers on a postcard to: the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely CB7 4LS, by December 30, or email email@example.com.
Entries should state full name, address and daytime telephone number. Winners will be contacted by telephone after the closing date.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
The Nutcracker is at the Corn Exchange, Wheeler Street, Cambridge, on January 7/8 at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced from £20.50 are available from the Corn Exchange box office on 01223 357851.