Win Tickets To See Human League At Thetford Forest
EIGHTIES sensations The Human League with special guests Hue and Cry will perform at Thetford Forest next month and the Ely Standard has joined forces with the Forestry Commission to give away a pair of tickets. Hue and Cry, brothers Pat and Greg Kane,
EIGHTIES sensations The Human League with special guests Hue and Cry will perform at Thetford Forest next month and the Ely Standard has joined forces with the Forestry Commission to give away a pair of tickets.
Hue and Cry, brothers Pat and Greg Kane, came to prominence with hits such as Labour Of Love, Violently and Looking For Linda. They have appeared with Madonna at Wembley and U2 in Glasgow and last year saw them return to the mainstream with Open Soul, their first pop album in 16 years. Having undertaken two UK wide tours in the last eight months, they continue to showcase their ability to write and produce classic pop music with a contemporary edge.
The Human League, fronted by lead vocalist Philip Oakey and backing singers Joanne Catherall and Susan Sulley, released a string of hits, including Mirror Man, Lousie and The Lebanon. Their million-selling classic single Don't You Want Me brought transatlantic success and the album from which it was taken, Dare, became an essential part of the record collection for a whole generation of pop fans.
HOW TO ENTER
You may also want to watch:
To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see The Human League and Hue and Cry, answer this question:
What was the name of The Human League's biggest Number One selling hit. Was it: Don't You Want Me or The Lebanon?
- 1 Restaurant launches bright pink ‘selfie areas’ ahead of reopening
- 2 Residents ‘left without a voice’ over anti-social car park behaviour
- 3 Dispersal order to tackle aggressive begging, street drinking and thefts
- 4 Throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 5 Jail for man caught carrying meat cleaver in public after missing tools argument
- 6 Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 7 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 8 Boat club president inspires students days after race
- 9 Freemasons make cash donation to support hospital cancer patients
- 10 Sheep saved after taking short-cut on busy rail line
Answers on a postcard to: the Ely Standard, 38 Market Street, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4LS or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
INFO: The Human League, with special guests, Hue and Cry, will be performing at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, Near Brandon, Suffolk on Thursday, July 9. Tickets are �29.50 (subject to booking fee) are available from Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612 or buy online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music