Win Tickets To See David Gray At Thetford Forest
ONE of the most influential and successful British singer-songwriters of the past decade, David Gray, will appear at Thetford Forest on July 10 and the Ely Standard has a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky reader. The gig is part of the Forestr
ONE of the most influential and successful British singer-songwriters of the past decade, David Gray, will appear at Thetford Forest on July 10 and the Ely Standard has a pair of tickets to give away to one lucky reader.
The gig is part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music programme and will take place in the spectacular woodland setting of Thetford Forest.
With three UK Number One albums and twice winner of the prestigious Ivor Novello Award - in 2001 for his breakthrough single Babylon and again in 2003 for the single The Other Side. David has also won a GQ Award for Best Solo Artist (2002), a Q Award for Best Single (2001) and nominated twice for Best Male (2001/2003) at the Brit Awards, alongside a Grammy Nomination for Best New Artist (2002). David will be releasing a new studio album later this year.
The Forestry Commission is committed to taking woodlands to new audiences, and making them relevant to people in new ways. The forest tour is self-sustaining, paying for itself, and providing valuable revenue to plough back into the woodland in a variety of environmental and social projects.
David Gray will be performing at Thetford Forest, Near Brandon, Suffolk, on Friday, July 10. To be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets, answer this question.
How many Number One albums has David Gray had?
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 3 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 4 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 5 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 6 Three brass instruments worth £20k stolen from church
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 'Energy and hope' on the agenda for new Ely mayor
- 9 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
(one) (three) (five).
Answers on a postcard and send to: The Ely Standard (David Gray) 38 Market Street, Ely, Cambs, CB7 4LS or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for entries is July Wednesday, July 8.
INFO: Tickets �31.50 (subject to booking fee) and are available from the Forestry Commission box office on 01842 814612, online at
www.forestry.gov.uk/music or over the counter from the venue.
www.davidgray.com / www.forestry.gov.uk/music