Willingham man and son subjected to “terrifying ordeal” by robbers who used iron bar and made off with cash
- Credit: Archant
Masked men assaulted a man in his own home during a raid in Willingham.
The robbery took place at about 10.30pm on Tuesday at a property in West Fen Road.
A group of people, believed to be four men and all wearing balaclavas, entered a workshop at the rear of the property and grabbed a teenage boy, taking him into the house.
They then assaulted his father, who is in his 50s, with an iron bar and demanded money. They made off with a sum of cash.
The man received minor injuries and his son was uninjured but shaken and upset.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Simon Harding said the robbery was being treated as an isolated incident.
He said: “This was a terrifying ordeal for those involved and I am keen to catch those responsible as soon as possible.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
“I would appeal for anyone who was in Willingham or the local area that night to consider whether they saw anything suspicious. Any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, could be important to this investigation.”
Anyone with information should contact DI Harding on 101, or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.