Ram raiders steal cash machine from Willingham Co-op - almost a year after similar break-in at the same store
- Credit: Archant
A cash machine was stolen from the Co-op in Willingham overnight after a group of men drove a 4x4 into the store on High Street.
Police were called at 1.40am today (Tuesday July 3) with reports of the break-in.
It was reported that a silver 4x4 was driven into the store and a group of men removed the cash machine.
The offenders made off in a smaller dark car with the ATM.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service attended the scene due to reports of the smell of gas coming from inside the store.
You may also want to watch:
Almost a year ago, on July 9 2017, ram raiders smashed their way into the same Co-op - but that time they left empty handed.
Anyone with information should contact police at www.cambs.police.uk/report and quote incident 34 of July 3, or call 101.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 4 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 5 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 6 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 9 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 10 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
Or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org