Ram raiders steal cash machine from Willingham Co-op - almost a year after similar break-in at the same store
- Credit: Archant
A cash machine was stolen from the Co-op in Willingham overnight after a group of men drove a 4x4 into the store on High Street.
Police were called at 1.40am today (Tuesday July 3) with reports of the break-in.
It was reported that a silver 4x4 was driven into the store and a group of men removed the cash machine.
The offenders made off in a smaller dark car with the ATM.
Members of the Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue Service attended the scene due to reports of the smell of gas coming from inside the store.
You may also want to watch:
Almost a year ago, on July 9 2017, ram raiders smashed their way into the same Co-op - but that time they left empty handed.
Anyone with information should contact police at www.cambs.police.uk/report and quote incident 34 of July 3, or call 101.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
Or call Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555 111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org