Wilburton Theatre Group to hold auditions for The Burnt Part Boys this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Remember remember the fifth of November... because the Wilburton Theatre Group will be holding auditions for The Burnt Part Boys from 10am until 1pm.
To sign up and receive an audition pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The show will be performed from March 22 to 24. Rehearsals will take place on Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons starting from January.
Locally named The Burnt Part, the Pickaway Coal Company’s South Mountain closed down after an accident in 1952 that resulted in the death of four miners, three of whom left behind children.
Ten years later, Jake Twitchell is an employee of that same company, doing the same job that took his own father’s life.
You may also want to watch:
Much to the dismay of his movie-buff younger brother, Pete, the Pickaway Coal Company is going to begin re-mining The Burnt Part and send down both Jake and Jake’s friend, Chet, whose father also died in the South Mountain accident.
Inspired by his silver screen heroes, Pete sets out for The Burnt Part with his saw-playing best friend, Dusty, a pack full of dynamite and plans to render it useless.
- 1 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 5 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Car crashes into wall outside village Co-op
- 8 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
With Jake and Chet in hot pursuit, Pete and Dusty are in need of a guide and find a perfect Sacajawea in the young runaway, Frances, who also lost her father in the accident. Dangerous and heartwarming discoveries comprise every theatrical layer of the adventure on the road to the mine.
Hailed among critics and creatives, The Burnt Part Boys is the type of riveting, coming-of-age story that has mesmerized listeners, readers and watchers for centuries.
The Burnt Part Boys also features a masterfully orchestrated and arranged score that will engross every generation of theatregoers.