Wilburton Theatre Group to hold auditions for The Burnt Part Boys this Sunday
- Credit: Archant
Remember remember the fifth of November... because the Wilburton Theatre Group will be holding auditions for The Burnt Part Boys from 10am until 1pm.
To sign up and receive an audition pack, please email email@example.com
The show will be performed from March 22 to 24. Rehearsals will take place on Tuesday evenings and Sunday afternoons starting from January.
Locally named The Burnt Part, the Pickaway Coal Company’s South Mountain closed down after an accident in 1952 that resulted in the death of four miners, three of whom left behind children.
Ten years later, Jake Twitchell is an employee of that same company, doing the same job that took his own father’s life.
Much to the dismay of his movie-buff younger brother, Pete, the Pickaway Coal Company is going to begin re-mining The Burnt Part and send down both Jake and Jake’s friend, Chet, whose father also died in the South Mountain accident.
Inspired by his silver screen heroes, Pete sets out for The Burnt Part with his saw-playing best friend, Dusty, a pack full of dynamite and plans to render it useless.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 5 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 8 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 9 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
With Jake and Chet in hot pursuit, Pete and Dusty are in need of a guide and find a perfect Sacajawea in the young runaway, Frances, who also lost her father in the accident. Dangerous and heartwarming discoveries comprise every theatrical layer of the adventure on the road to the mine.
Hailed among critics and creatives, The Burnt Part Boys is the type of riveting, coming-of-age story that has mesmerized listeners, readers and watchers for centuries.
The Burnt Part Boys also features a masterfully orchestrated and arranged score that will engross every generation of theatregoers.