Wilburton school among best in country
“I think these results are down to the dedication of the staff and the extremely hard work of the pupils.”
WILBURTON Church of England Primary School has been ranked among the top primary schools in the country in a new league table published this week.
The small village school was one of just 293 schools in England where 100 per cent of pupils achieved a level four in both English and maths Sats tests, the government target.
In Cambridgeshire, Girton Primary School near Cambridge was the only other school to achieve the target.
Headteacher Joy Walker, said: “I think these results are down to the dedication of the staff and the extremely hard work of the pupils. We were all very pleased with the results and I would like to thank everybody for their dedication.”
You may also want to watch:
The schools 100 per cent pass rate among its 13 exam entrants represents a marked increase on the 83 per cent who passed in the 2008 tests.
The Sats tests are taken by 10 and 11-year-old pupils at Key Stage 2 and are designed to measure pupils progress in English and maths through infants and primary school. Assessments in science are carried out separately in schools.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 7 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
About 25 per cent of the country’s 17,000 schools opted to boycott the test this year however, due to anger among headteachers over the value of the tests and the league tables that are formed from the results.