Drink driving charge after motorist twice the limit crashes into parked cars
- Credit: POLICING EAST CAMBRIDGESHIRE FACEBOOK
A motorist has been charged with drink driving after his car collided with three parked cars in Wilburton.
George Marsden, 23, of Brook Lane, Ely, was arrested after police were called at about 12.30am on Sunday (May 23) with reports of a collision in the High Street, Wilburton.
He is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates' Court on June 24.
Police said: "The collision involved an MG3 and three parked vehicles. No injuries were reported."
After the crash, which happened on Sunday night, the driver gave a reading of 78 ug when breathalysed at the roadside.
You may also want to watch:
This is more than double the legal alcohol limit.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit