Wilburton Beer Festival proceeds go to help good causes
EMERGENCY first-aiders the Haddenham First Responders have received a cheque for more than �2,000 from the proceeds of the recent Wilburton Beer Festival.
The group of volunteers, who are all trained by the ambulance service, provide a speedy attendance service to medical emergencies in Haddenham, Aldreth and Wilburton and provide support further afield when required.
The money raised will provide funds for a second full set of equipment, including a defibrillator, aspirator and oxygen cylinders.
Chairman of the Wilburton Beer Festival Committee, Stephen Thompson, said: “We are delighted to be able to make these donations. The beer festival is run entirely voluntarily and all profits are donated to local good causes. In the 14 years the festival has been running, more than �40,000 has been raised.
“Is there a better feeling than raising money for your community whilst drinking beer in the sunshine? We look forward to doing it all again next year.”
Haddenham First Responder Paul Mitchell, said: “This generous donation will allow greater flexibility, extended coverage and more on-call hours for the service. Whilst attending the Festival and sharing our work with the crowds, we were also able to recruit a new volunteer who will commence their training shortly.”
In addition to donating �2,147 to Haddenham First Responders, local groups Haddenham Scouts, Wilburton Youth Group, HEART, Wilburton Baptist Baby and Toddler Group and Humpty’s Pre-School, Wilburton were also given donations.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 4 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 5 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council
- 9 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
The Beer Festival committee invited all beneficiary charities along to The Cherry Tree in Haddenham on Sunday evening, where they presented cheques.