Wilburton Beer Festival raises money for the Harbour School
- Credit: Archant
Wilburton Beer Festival committee donated £1,296 to the Harbour School at a beneficiary ceremony.
The money will be used to improve the outdoor provision at the school.
Debra Smith, head teacher at the Harbour School, said: “’It is an honour for the Harbour School to be chosen as one of the main beneficiaries of the funds raised by The Wilburton Beer Festival Committee.
“The money will be used for outdoor facilities to support the staff to promote self esteem and social interaction with the pupils.”
After a record profits from this year’s festival totalling £8,200, 24 local groups and projects have also benefitted.
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Gienke, Festival Chairman said: “The beer festival has achieved fantastic success over the last 19 years and this years’ festival was again both a cracking event and was successful in raising another great sum to give to charity.
“We look forward to doing it all again next year on the 23rd and 24th June 2018.”
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 4 Plans revealed for new A10 pedestrian bridge
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
Wilburton Beer festival beneficiary ceremony. Charlie Gienke, festival chairman hands a cheque to Debra Smith, head teacher at the Harbour School.