Wicken man follows family’s footsteps joining UK Power Networks
- Credit: Archant
A Wicken man is following in his family’s footsteps having joined the same company where his dad, brother and uncles work or have worked for.
Daniel Stronge, one of six new engineering recruits at UK Power Networks, will complete a two-and-a-half year course to become a fully qualified engineer.
The 24-year-old, who previously applied for an apprenticeship at the company six years ago, said: “My dad Mick and my brother Adam both work for UK Power Networks and I have two uncles who did, but have now retired from the firm, so it was always my plan to try and join them.
“My dad has been here 34 years so my family give me as much guidance as they can and their advice has helped, but it’s all about me in the end and I’m here because I want to learn more.
“I’ve grown up with the electricity industry. I’ve always been interested in building things and how things work, engineering was always the way forward.
You may also want to watch:
“I used to quiz my dad as a child, we would talk over the dinner table about what he’d done at work so all of that knowledge is in my head.”
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 4 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 5 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 9 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 10 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops