Wicken artists to exhibit at The Old Fire Engine House in Ely - 38 years after first displaying their artwork there
- Credit: Archant
Wicken-based artists Terry Beard and Stephen Murfitt first exhibited at The Old Fire Engine House in 1980.
Now, in its 50th year as a restaurant and gallery, this will be the eighth time that Terry and Stephen will have shown there.
The work Terry will be showing in the Pots and Paintings exhibition, which runs from May 2 to June 3, has been developed in response to the qualities of light seen and experienced in the urban environment.
Stephen will be showing ceramic forms and vessels which are hand-built and Raku fired.
The making, glazing and firing methods result in pieces which are unique.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery opening times are Monday to Saturday from 10.30am-10.30pm, and from 10.30am to 5.30pm on Sundays.
Call 01353 662583 or go to www.theoldfireenginehouse.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
Visit https://www.terrybeardart.com/ for more information about the artist Terry Beard and http://www.studiopottery.co.uk/profile/Stephen/Murfitt for more on Stephen.