Wicken artists to exhibit at The Old Fire Engine House in Ely - 38 years after first displaying their artwork there
- Credit: Archant
Wicken-based artists Terry Beard and Stephen Murfitt first exhibited at The Old Fire Engine House in 1980.
Now, in its 50th year as a restaurant and gallery, this will be the eighth time that Terry and Stephen will have shown there.
The work Terry will be showing in the Pots and Paintings exhibition, which runs from May 2 to June 3, has been developed in response to the qualities of light seen and experienced in the urban environment.
Stephen will be showing ceramic forms and vessels which are hand-built and Raku fired.
The making, glazing and firing methods result in pieces which are unique.
The gallery opening times are Monday to Saturday from 10.30am-10.30pm, and from 10.30am to 5.30pm on Sundays.
Call 01353 662583 or go to www.theoldfireenginehouse.co.uk for more information.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 4 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 5 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
- 6 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 7 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 8 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 9 Platinum Jubilee: The Queen's visits to Cambridgeshire in pictures
- 10 ‘Inspirational’ teacher, Esmeralda, honoured in national teaching awards
Visit https://www.terrybeardart.com/ for more information about the artist Terry Beard and http://www.studiopottery.co.uk/profile/Stephen/Murfitt for more on Stephen.