MEMBERS Mr and Mrs Samuels were welcomed by the president. The minutes and county newsletter were read. Dates for diaries, included an invitation to Prickwillow WI on July 9; a family barbecue at Queen Adelaide on July 1; a table top sale at Littleport V
MEMBERS Mr and Mrs Samuels were welcomed by the president. The minutes and county newsletter were read.
Dates for diaries, included an invitation to Prickwillow WI on July 9; a family barbecue at Queen Adelaide on July 1; a table top sale at Littleport Village Hall on May 26, Patchwork Evening on May 22 from 7.15pm at Anchor Court and a Group meeting at Littleport village hall on May 17.
Mr Samuels told us of his experiences on TV shows, the Weakest Link and Bargain Hunt. With his wife, he also takes part in Victorian enactments. Rosemary Easy gave a vote of thanks.
Following refreshments, members enjoyed a 'handbag' quiz. There were 16 entries in the competition to win an unusual teapot.
You may also want to watch:
Next month, Mrs D Brown, precious metal clay jewellery, competition, a hand-made necklace (any medium) also a bring-and buy in aid of PULSE.
Birthday bags were presented to three members. Angie Cox and Sandra Kerridge will be tea hostesses next month. The AGM resolution discussion was led by Maureen Fresco and everyone voted in favour of keeping community hospitals.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
- 10 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car