LINDA welcomed members to the August meeting which was well attended. Jerusalem was sung, then members stood in silence in memory of Vera Everett, a member for many years. Parish councillor Paul Cox was introduced to speak about a proposed community cen
LINDA welcomed members to the August meeting which was well attended.
Jerusalem was sung, then members stood in silence in memory of Vera Everett, a member for many years. Parish councillor Paul Cox was introduced to speak about a
proposed community centre on The Paddocks.
The speaker for the evening was Rosemary Jacobs, a corset consultant for 10 years, which proved to be very amusing and a fulfilling job. She was thanked by Joy Moss. After tea and coffee the business was concluded. Minutes, county letter, dates for diaries were noted.
The group meeting is at Witchford on October 18 and names were taken. Coffee morning at Anchor Court on September 30 at 10am in aid of Macmillan nurses. A 'thank you' letter has been received from Leni Goodge for a gift received on her 80th birthday. Competition for plum jam drew four entries and a draw ended the evening.
The next meeting at the village hall on September 14 and there will be a sausage supper.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 6 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 10 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
INFO: Anyone who wishes to be added to the list should call Linda Chivers on 01353 840146 by September 1.