Why is this yellow elephant turning heads in fen village?
- Credit: Archant
An eye-catching yellow elephant is on the loose and causing quite a stir in Prickwillow.
But this elephant’s no zoo runaway, it has taken over the village phone box for the rest of July to herald the arrival of the annual Cambridge Open Studios event in Prickwillow over the coming weekends.
Three artists from the village will be throwing open the doors to their workshops and studios over the next two weekends to celebrate the annual arts event.
Painter Lyz Gardener, of Ely Road, woodworker and furniture maker John Lewis, of Main Street, and potter Sonia Lewis, of Main Street, will all be taking part.
You will be able to view them at work, learn more about their skills and see some of their finished pieces both this weekend and next.
You may also want to watch:
There are more than 20 other artists from across East Cambridgeshire also taking part in the open studios event.
The open studios event has been running across Cambridgeshire since 1997 and aims to bring local artists closer to residents.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
To find out more about the artists, and where you can find them, visit www.camopenstudios.co.uk