Why is this yellow elephant turning heads in fen village?
- Credit: Archant
An eye-catching yellow elephant is on the loose and causing quite a stir in Prickwillow.
But this elephant’s no zoo runaway, it has taken over the village phone box for the rest of July to herald the arrival of the annual Cambridge Open Studios event in Prickwillow over the coming weekends.
Three artists from the village will be throwing open the doors to their workshops and studios over the next two weekends to celebrate the annual arts event.
Painter Lyz Gardener, of Ely Road, woodworker and furniture maker John Lewis, of Main Street, and potter Sonia Lewis, of Main Street, will all be taking part.
You will be able to view them at work, learn more about their skills and see some of their finished pieces both this weekend and next.
There are more than 20 other artists from across East Cambridgeshire also taking part in the open studios event.
The open studios event has been running across Cambridgeshire since 1997 and aims to bring local artists closer to residents.
- 1 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 2 'Normally unacceptable' barn demolition wins green light
- 3 Shoplifter who stole from store 10 times in five weeks handed CBO
- 4 Motorcyclist caught ‘speeding over 100mph’ past police near Ely
- 5 Ely Heroes winner, Alison, attends royal garden party after three-year wait
- 6 Man in his 40s suffers ‘life-changing injuries’ in major crash on A14
- 7 Pupils ensure 'Eel-izabeth' comes to life for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 New March station will 'help people to use petrol and diesel cars less'
- 9 'It's a gem of an untold story' - Ely author, Ellee shares new novel
- 10 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
To find out more about the artists, and where you can find them, visit www.camopenstudios.co.uk