Whizz Spoon Find Leads to Ely Man's Drug Conviction
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon. Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. He said the whi
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon.
Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"He said the white substance was whizz, and it was later confirmed as being amphetamine," she added.
Giddens, 49, admitted possessing the class B drug in Ely on February 4. He was given a 12-month supervision order, and told to pay �60 costs. The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Representing himself in court, Giddens said: "The spoon had been in my house for six months, from when they bust me before.
"I have not used amphetamine for six months; I do not know if it was mine, it is at least six months since I used amphetamine. It was in my home, so I admit possession.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 3 Village’s community Co-op will open next month after New Year delays
- 4 Retirement complex proposals encounter a sticky situation
- 5 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 6 Car hits A14 barrier near Newmarket
- 7 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
- 10 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’