Whizz Spoon Find Leads to Ely Man's Drug Conviction
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon. Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. He said the whi
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon.
Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"He said the white substance was whizz, and it was later confirmed as being amphetamine," she added.
Giddens, 49, admitted possessing the class B drug in Ely on February 4. He was given a 12-month supervision order, and told to pay �60 costs. The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Representing himself in court, Giddens said: "The spoon had been in my house for six months, from when they bust me before.
"I have not used amphetamine for six months; I do not know if it was mine, it is at least six months since I used amphetamine. It was in my home, so I admit possession.
- 1 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 2 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 8 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 9 Community pharmacy teams to offer free Covid-19 test kits
- 10 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered