Whizz Spoon Find Leads to Ely Man's Drug Conviction
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon. Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. He said the whi
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon.
Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"He said the white substance was whizz, and it was later confirmed as being amphetamine," she added.
Giddens, 49, admitted possessing the class B drug in Ely on February 4. He was given a 12-month supervision order, and told to pay �60 costs. The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
You may also want to watch:
Representing himself in court, Giddens said: "The spoon had been in my house for six months, from when they bust me before.
"I have not used amphetamine for six months; I do not know if it was mine, it is at least six months since I used amphetamine. It was in my home, so I admit possession.
- 1 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 2 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 3 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 4 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 5 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 6 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Our weekly round-up of what Ely Standard readers have to say
- 9 First homes approved for Waterbeach Barracks
- 10 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school