Whizz Spoon Find Leads to Ely Man's Drug Conviction
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon. Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates. He said the whi
A MAN who ran away from a drugs raid at his home was later found in possession of some amphetamine on a spoon.
Paul Giddens was stopped and searched after he left his home in Nene Road, Ely, prosecutor Laura Mardell told city magistrates.
"He said the white substance was whizz, and it was later confirmed as being amphetamine," she added.
Giddens, 49, admitted possessing the class B drug in Ely on February 4. He was given a 12-month supervision order, and told to pay �60 costs. The court ordered the forfeiture and destruction of the drugs.
Representing himself in court, Giddens said: "The spoon had been in my house for six months, from when they bust me before.
"I have not used amphetamine for six months; I do not know if it was mine, it is at least six months since I used amphetamine. It was in my home, so I admit possession.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 4 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 9 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?