What’s going on in Wicken this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
There’s plenty going on in Wicken as the village counts down to Christmas this year.
The village’s Christmas Market returns on Sunday November 19, where an array of stalls – including arts and crafts, gifts, local produce and artisan foods – will be on offer.
Festive favourites of mulled wine, cakes, and hot drinks can also be bought. Admission is free and the market runs from 3 to 7pm.
On December 2, the village hosts is Christmas Dinner at 7pm for 7.30.
The Wicken Village Hall Committee is organising another home-cooked, candle-lit festive feast in the village hall.
Entertainment will be provided by the Rox Vox Choir. Tickets are £15 for adults and £7.50 for under 12s. For tickets, contact Jean Turner on 01353 727054 or email at email@example.com.
And if you want a place to host your Christmas party, look no further than the Village Hall.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 4 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 7 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 10 Councillor hits out at 'huge intransigence' over splash pad project
Its website - www.wickenvillagehall.org.uk - has full details of rents, facilities and availability.
To book the Village Hall please check the Hall diary on the website for availability, contact Jean Turner, chairman on 01353 727054 to reserve the date.