What’s going on in Wicken this Christmas
- Credit: Archant
There’s plenty going on in Wicken as the village counts down to Christmas this year.
The village’s Christmas Market returns on Sunday November 19, where an array of stalls – including arts and crafts, gifts, local produce and artisan foods – will be on offer.
Festive favourites of mulled wine, cakes, and hot drinks can also be bought. Admission is free and the market runs from 3 to 7pm.
On December 2, the village hosts is Christmas Dinner at 7pm for 7.30.
The Wicken Village Hall Committee is organising another home-cooked, candle-lit festive feast in the village hall.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment will be provided by the Rox Vox Choir. Tickets are £15 for adults and £7.50 for under 12s. For tickets, contact Jean Turner on 01353 727054 or email at email@example.com.
And if you want a place to host your Christmas party, look no further than the Village Hall.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
Its website - www.wickenvillagehall.org.uk - has full details of rents, facilities and availability.
To book the Village Hall please check the Hall diary on the website for availability, contact Jean Turner, chairman on 01353 727054 to reserve the date.