What does CLIC Sargent do?
# As the UK s leading children s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent offers families all-round care and support. # The charity gives help and support during treatment, providing specialist nurses, doctors, play specialists, grants and a helpline. # Help and supp
# As the UK's leading children's cancer charity, CLIC Sargent offers families all-round care and support.
# The charity gives help and support during treatment, providing specialist nurses, doctors, play specialists, grants and a helpline.
# Help and support are available in hospital and at home. Specialist social care and family support and specialist youth services and grants and a helpline are all part of the service CLIC Sargent offers.
# A Homes from Home scheme that provides accommodation close to paediatric oncology centres. Families can stay in a room at the house as a way of reducing the high cost of travelling to and from the hospital. There are homes in Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford and Southampton.
# Care grants for families who may be struggling to pay the bills or need a special piece of equipment or everyday item to make life easier or more comfortable for the child.
# CLIC Sargent doctors and nurses who can give specialist clinical care in the home and also at the hospital where the child is receiving treatment. This helps to provide continuity in care.
- 1 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 2 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 3 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 4 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 5 Cambridge 'knife-wielder' arrested
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Sanctuary Housing criticised over empty homes in Ely
- 9 First visit not 'a flying success' but pub deserves second chance
- 10 £1,350 a day (plus VAT) for new chief executive at combined authority
# Holiday homes and caravans where families can get away for a well-earned break. Grants are also available to help with the travelling costs.
# CLIC Sargent play specialists work on paediatric oncology wards. They try to create a sense of normality and fun for the child throughout their treatment. The play specialists are vital in ensuring the child is able to receive, what is often painful treatment.
# A specialist support service for teenagers and young adults with cancer.
# Thanks to research into the treatment and causes of childhood cancer in recent years, outcomes have improved and most children will recover from their illness.