What does CLIC Sargent do?
# As the UK s leading children s cancer charity, CLIC Sargent offers families all-round care and support. # The charity gives help and support during treatment, providing specialist nurses, doctors, play specialists, grants and a helpline. # Help and su
# As the UK's leading children's cancer charity, CLIC Sargent offers families all-round care and support.
# The charity gives help and support during treatment, providing specialist nurses, doctors, play specialists, grants and a helpline.
# Help and support are available in hospital and at home. Specialist social care and family support and specialist youth service grants and a helpline are all part of the service that CLIC Sargent offers.
# A Homes from Home scheme that provides accommodation close to paediatric oncology centres. Families can stay in a room at the house as a way of reducing the high cost of travelling to and from the hospital. Currently, there are homes in Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Oxford and Southampton.
You may also want to watch:
# Care grants for families who may be struggling to pay the bills or need a special piece of equipment or everyday item to make life easier or more comfortable for the child.
# CLIC Sargent doctors and nurses who can give specialist clinical care in the home and also at the hospital where the child is receiving treatment, this helps to provide continuity in care.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
- 10 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
# Holiday homes and caravans where families can get away for a well-earned break. Grants are also available to help with the travelling costs.
# CLIC Sargent play specialists work on paediatric oncology wards. They try to create a sense of normality and fun for the child throughout their treatment. The play specialists are vital in ensuring that the child is able to receive, what is often, painful treatment.
# A specialist support service for teenagers and young adults with cancer.
# Thanks to research into the treatment and causes of childhood cancer in recent years, outcomes have improved and most children will now recover from their illness.