What a buzz! Beynur’s colourful design gets global acclaim at tattoo convention
- Credit: Archant
A local tattoo artist is celebrating after scooping his first award at a tattoo convention in Nottingham.
Beynur Kaptan, who runs Beynur’s Tattoos in Littleport, fought off stiff competition to triumph in the Best Colour Tattoo category, for his vibrant and artistic watercolour design that he etched onto the skin of his friend, Dilarna, last weekend.
Dilarna travelled from Sheffield to get tattooed by Beynur, and the artist, who is originally from Turkey, was grateful to accept his first award.
“I usually go to four or five different shows and conventions a year,” he said. “It’s never easy to win an award and I’m really happy.
“I’ve always had people come from around the country and sometimes even Europe to get tattooed by me, so it was nice to get a call from Diarna asking for a tattoo.
You may also want to watch:
“She asked for something girly, colourful and that had flowers, and I used inspiration from my previous tattoos and came up with the design.”
Beynur, who specialises in watercolour tattoos at his shops in Littleport and Cambridge, believes that the future of the art – like his tattoos – is bright.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
“The tattoo industry has changed so much,” Beynur said. “It’s much more artistic now. Instead of classic designs there’s new generation designs like watercolour, which I like tattooing. You can do anything now as a tattooist.”
For more information on Beynur’s Tattoos, visit www.beynurstattoos.co.uk or search ‘Beynurs Tattoos – Littleport’ on Facebook.