What a buzz! Beynur’s colourful design gets global acclaim at tattoo convention
- Credit: Archant
A local tattoo artist is celebrating after scooping his first award at a tattoo convention in Nottingham.
Beynur Kaptan, who runs Beynur’s Tattoos in Littleport, fought off stiff competition to triumph in the Best Colour Tattoo category, for his vibrant and artistic watercolour design that he etched onto the skin of his friend, Dilarna, last weekend.
Dilarna travelled from Sheffield to get tattooed by Beynur, and the artist, who is originally from Turkey, was grateful to accept his first award.
“I usually go to four or five different shows and conventions a year,” he said. “It’s never easy to win an award and I’m really happy.
“I’ve always had people come from around the country and sometimes even Europe to get tattooed by me, so it was nice to get a call from Diarna asking for a tattoo.
“She asked for something girly, colourful and that had flowers, and I used inspiration from my previous tattoos and came up with the design.”
Beynur, who specialises in watercolour tattoos at his shops in Littleport and Cambridge, believes that the future of the art – like his tattoos – is bright.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 4 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 7 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 10 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
“The tattoo industry has changed so much,” Beynur said. “It’s much more artistic now. Instead of classic designs there’s new generation designs like watercolour, which I like tattooing. You can do anything now as a tattooist.”
For more information on Beynur’s Tattoos, visit www.beynurstattoos.co.uk or search ‘Beynurs Tattoos – Littleport’ on Facebook.