West End star to coach Ely’s Rock of Ages cast ahead of performances at The Maltings
West End star Natalie Andreou will visit an Ely theatre company this month ahead of their production of Rock of Ages which comes to The Maltings next month.
Natalie, who has played the roles of Elphaba in the award-winning Wicked and Sophie in Mamma Mia, will spend an afternoon with the Ruby Red Theatre cast oast giving them tips and advice, and feedback on their work so far. Natalie has also starred as lead role Sherrie in the London version of Rock of Ages.
Producer Amy Roberts said: “We’re so excited about having such a big star come along and share some pearls of wisdom.
“Natalie is a first class performer who has wowed audiences in the West End and toured professionally for almost a decade.
“We really are so fortunate that she is able to spend some of her time with our cast and hopefully help us to take things to the next level.”
Amy Noonan, who is cast as the lead role of Sherrie in the Ely production, said: “Having insight from a professional performer who has played the same role is just invaluable.
“It’s amazing that Ruby Red have managed to arrange such a first rate experience for an already excited cast.
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Murder trial jury told mother said she could not have children
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 9 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 10 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
“I can’t wait to see what she thinks of the work we’ve done so far, and of course to hear any behind the scenes gossip she has from being part of such a great show on the West End.”
Rock of Ages is being performed at the Maltings in Ely from July 26 to 29. Tickets are on sale now from www.ticketsource.co.ukrubyredtheatre or email email@example.com for further information.