West End Pub in Ely Crowned Pub Of The Year
THE West End House in Ely was crowned Pub of the Year for a second successive time this week. Publicans Steve and Kim Baxter received the prestigious award from the chairman of the Ely branch of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) Phil Utting-Brown, for their w
THE West End House in Ely was crowned Pub of the Year for a second successive time this week.
Publicans Steve and Kim Baxter received the prestigious award from the chairman of the Ely branch of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) Phil Utting-Brown, for their work promoting real ales in the city.
The award follows the pub's success in the 2009 awards and is just one of a number of awards won by the pub in recent years.
Landlord Steve Baxter told the Ely Standard: "It is always an honour to win this award, it makes you feel like you are doing something right.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be going for the hat-trick award next year but it is going to be tougher than ever I'm sure."
5667: Phil Utting-Brown, Maggie Oakes, Kim and Steve Baxter with dog Murphy. Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Fears for historic vicarage council fought to save
- 4 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 5 Large illegal knife and 45 cannabis plants found in police raid
- 6 Transformation of empty offices into luxury flats well under way
- 7 City’s first Asian grocery store coming to market place
- 8 College and sixth form's 'gold' rating for 'outstanding' mental health provision
- 9 Photo memories of the late Prince Philip projected onto house
- 10 Our guide to The Library Presents' spring outdoor events series