West End Pub in Ely Crowned Pub Of The Year
THE West End House in Ely was crowned Pub of the Year for a second successive time this week. Publicans Steve and Kim Baxter received the prestigious award from the chairman of the Ely branch of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) Phil Utting-Brown, for their w
THE West End House in Ely was crowned Pub of the Year for a second successive time this week.
Publicans Steve and Kim Baxter received the prestigious award from the chairman of the Ely branch of CAMRA (Campaign for Real Ale) Phil Utting-Brown, for their work promoting real ales in the city.
The award follows the pub's success in the 2009 awards and is just one of a number of awards won by the pub in recent years.
Landlord Steve Baxter told the Ely Standard: "It is always an honour to win this award, it makes you feel like you are doing something right.
You may also want to watch:
"We will be going for the hat-trick award next year but it is going to be tougher than ever I'm sure."
5667: Phil Utting-Brown, Maggie Oakes, Kim and Steve Baxter with dog Murphy. Photo: HELEN DRAKE
- 1 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 2 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 3 Marathon runner passes through Cambs on route to Kathmandu
- 4 Hundreds sign petition in support of pub's cup of positivi-tea
- 5 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 8 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 9 Handcuffed duo prepare to make London Marathon history
- 10 'Savage' attack left man without spleen