West End actress Lisa Peace and Strictly Come Dancing star Camilla Dallerup pass on skills at Soham Viva theatre workshop
- Credit: Archant
A Soham theatre group was put through its paces by a West End actress while budding young performers got some tips off a Strictly Come Dancing star on Sunday.
Soham’s Viva Theatre Company, who are rehearsing for Victoria Wood’s Acorn Antiques, were visited by West End actress and original Acorn Antiques cast member Lisa Peace.
Lisa played the leading role of Miss Berta in the UK touring production of Acorn Antiques and is also a director and acting coach.
Kerry Hibbert, who is playing Mimi in Viva’s show, said: “Having a workshop with someone who has such an extensive insight into the business and the show was so interesting.
“The tips and techniques she spoke about were really helpful for developing my character and helping us to work together as a team. An invaluable experience.”
Meanwhile, the Viva Youth Theatre were treated to a master class in dance from star of six series of Strictly Come Dancing, Camilla Dallerup.
She spent the day teaching the youth theatre members how to cha cha, rumba and jive.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
Ellie Bovingdon, who attended the workshop, said: “The workshop with Camilla was amazing. She was so fascinating to watch and listen too, and I thoroughly enjoyed every second. I would love to work with her again.”
Viva founder Dan Schumann added: “The master class with Camilla was amazing – such a unique opportunity for our members and we are extremely grateful to Camilla for giving up her time to come to Soham and help Viva to offer yet another wonderful opportunity to the community.”
Acorn Antiques the Musical is being performed from November 6-8 at The Brook, Soham. Tickets are now available at the Viva Box Office on 01353 722 228 or online via wegottickets.com (£10/£8).
Viva’s Youth Company auditions for Oliver are taking place in October so if you are aged eight or above and would like to get involved then contact the Viva Office on 01353 722 228.