Welly wanging championships the star attraction at fun day
THE return of the hotly-contested UK Welly Wanging Championships will be one of the star attractions of this year’s Littleport Leisure Centre Open Day.
Set to take place on June 12 at the centre on Camel Road, the event will see a dizzying array of entertainment, fun and games on offer including a circus workshop, football tournament, wild west show, dog agility display and, of course, the famous welly wanging competition.
At last year’s event both men’s and women’s welly wanging records were broken and organisers are confident that 2011 could see yet more milestones reached.
Entry to the event is free and activities will be running from 12pm-5pm.
A car boot sale will be running and there will also be stalls for people to browse. A spiritualist medium will be on hand to give readings and organisers hope to welcome the local model flying club for a display of their machines.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be entertained by the Littleport Band and a range of refreshments will also be on offer to keep people going throughout the day.
Members of the local kickboxing and judo clubs will be demonstrating their skills while competitors are also being sought for a netball tournament.
- 1 Friends pay tribute to ‘great young lad’ who drowned at Bawsey Pits
- 2 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 3 Suspected building site burglars stopped in their tracks
- 4 Catering wars as converted horsebox trailer takes on National Trust
- 5 Welcome to the Fens but can you guess which part?
- 6 On hottest day of the year hospital 'put me in a store room for over two hours'
- 7 Palmer's 'flagship' £100k homes will be council houses
- 8 Petition calls for more Cambs busways to be scrapped
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
To find out how you can get involved or for more information phone centre staff on 01353 860600.