Well here they are - over 70 photographs that capture the fun, joy and extraordinary success of Ely Christmas Lights 2015
- Credit: Archant
The bands played, children clambered on their parents shoulders, the panto dame and assorted characters mingled freely, eyes sparkled with anticipation and excitement – and the crowds went home happy and smiling.
On a cold November evening, Ely’s Big Christmas Lights Switch On lived up to and surpassed expectations.
For four hours the market place was alive with seasonal cheer and former X Factor stars ramped up the atmosphere, musicians belted out some amazing songs and dance groups – and even an escapologist- kept the entertainment rolling.
KD Productions also played a magnificent part in the night as they performed Snow White and the Seven Dwarves on stage.
Fairground rides were available to retain the momentum of a city enjoying a night out, and organisers who promised it would be the best ever raised the bar for 2016.
You may also want to watch:
Behind the scenes had been months of planning and fund raising and an enormous logistics effort that saw all expectations fulfilled.
Organisers had promised “The Magic Is Coming- Get Ready For It” and so it turned out to be.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Photographer Rob Morris was on hand to capture the highlights of the evening- here’s a selection of his photos.