Wedding boost for lucky Ely couple
- Credit: Archant
A young couple from Ely have been given a helping hand towards the cost of their wedding day by winning a special competition.
Matthew Spooner, 29, and Chantelle Elliot from Larkfield Road, in Ely, have won free hire of the King Edward VII Memorial Hall in Newmarket’s High Street for their wedding reception in September 2014.
The hall, which seats up to 200 guests, will be theirs for the whole day – a prize worth more than £400.
Kay Dawson, of Newmarket Venues, which ran the competition, said: “The Memorial Hall lends itself to large social occasions like weddings, so we’re glad to be giving Matthew and Chantelle the chance to hold their reception in such a unique venue.”
Bride-to-be Chantelle, 25, said: “We are thrilled to have won the competition because our wedding budget is limited and this prize means we can splash out on a better honeymoon. The Memorial Hall is the perfect size for our party and we can’t wait until our big day arrives.”
You may also want to watch:
Newmarket Venues also offers smaller spaces available to hire for business meetings, social events and leisure activities. For more information about Newmarket Venues visit www.newmarketvenues.co.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 3 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 4 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 7 East Cambridgeshire is ‘home to the noisiest neighbours in the country’
- 8 Three hare coursers - with three children and three dogs in car - fined for damaging crops
- 9 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer