Wedding boost for lucky Ely couple
- Credit: Archant
A young couple from Ely have been given a helping hand towards the cost of their wedding day by winning a special competition.
Matthew Spooner, 29, and Chantelle Elliot from Larkfield Road, in Ely, have won free hire of the King Edward VII Memorial Hall in Newmarket’s High Street for their wedding reception in September 2014.
The hall, which seats up to 200 guests, will be theirs for the whole day – a prize worth more than £400.
Kay Dawson, of Newmarket Venues, which ran the competition, said: “The Memorial Hall lends itself to large social occasions like weddings, so we’re glad to be giving Matthew and Chantelle the chance to hold their reception in such a unique venue.”
Bride-to-be Chantelle, 25, said: “We are thrilled to have won the competition because our wedding budget is limited and this prize means we can splash out on a better honeymoon. The Memorial Hall is the perfect size for our party and we can’t wait until our big day arrives.”
Newmarket Venues also offers smaller spaces available to hire for business meetings, social events and leisure activities. For more information about Newmarket Venues visit www.newmarketvenues.co.uk or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 6 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 7 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 8 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Everything you need to know about Ely Cathedral's Christmas Gift & Food Fair 2021