Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 4 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 5 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 8 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 9 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 10 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid