Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
You may also want to watch:
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 5 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 6 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 7 Fight with weapons outside gym leaves two people seriously injured
- 8 Letter: Why not use Ely Cathedral as a vaccination centre?
- 9 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road