Met Office issues weather warning for thunderstorms in Herts, Cambs and beyond
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a yellow weather warning for thunderstorms in Hertfordshire and Cambridgeshire, as torrential rain, hail and lightning expected across parts of England.
The warning will be in place for the East of England region from 6pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow night.
According to the Met Office, there is a small chance that homes and businesses could be flooded quickly and there is potential for travel disruption.
It also said: "Where flooding or lightning strikes occur, there is a chance of delays and some cancellations to train and bus services.
"Spray and sudden flooding could lead to difficult driving conditions and some road closures.
"There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur and other services to some homes and businesses could be lost."
- 1 Petition launched to save village pub
- 2 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 3 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 4 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 5 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 6 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 7 Disciplinary action against anti-Pride pastor ‘never, ever about his religion’
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 10 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman