Photographer captures stunning sunset images of east Cambs flooding
- Credit: Jason Cox
Stunning images of flooded countryside in one part of the Cambridgeshire Fens have been captured on camera.
Jason Cox decided to use his spare time by showing the extent of the recent flooding at Sutton Gault on Wednesday, December 30 with his drone just before sunset.
Jason, a surfacing operative at Aggregate Industries, filmed the scene with a DJI Mavic Pro which he has been flying for six to seven years.
“I usually just fly down the local field near me," he said. "It's usually a lovely sunset this time of year, plus the floods gave me a good excuse to go and film and take a few photos."
After posting his video on Facebook which attracted over 200 reactions, Jason, from Sutton, has gauged much interest despite his little experience in videography and photography.
You may also want to watch:
But having tried to film in different locations across the country, he ranks the east Cambs landscape as one of the best.
"When I get a bit of time, I take a bit of footage. I work a lot of nights, so I film in the day or weekends, depending on the weather.
- 1 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 4 SAS ‘original’ Reg Seekings to feature in book
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 7 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 10 ‘Distressed cries’ of beagles fuel animal research unit protest
“We visit loads of places all over the country, Cornwall, Edinburgh, Isle of Wight, and the footage I could have got would have been brilliant, but unless you've got permission or have all the proper license, then it's a no."