Photographer captures stunning sunset images of east Cambs flooding
- Credit: Jason Cox
Stunning images of flooded countryside in one part of the Cambridgeshire Fens have been captured on camera.
Jason Cox decided to use his spare time by showing the extent of the recent flooding at Sutton Gault on Wednesday, December 30 with his drone just before sunset.
Jason, a surfacing operative at Aggregate Industries, filmed the scene with a DJI Mavic Pro which he has been flying for six to seven years.
“I usually just fly down the local field near me," he said. "It's usually a lovely sunset this time of year, plus the floods gave me a good excuse to go and film and take a few photos."
After posting his video on Facebook which attracted over 200 reactions, Jason, from Sutton, has gauged much interest despite his little experience in videography and photography.
You may also want to watch:
But having tried to film in different locations across the country, he ranks the east Cambs landscape as one of the best.
"When I get a bit of time, I take a bit of footage. I work a lot of nights, so I film in the day or weekends, depending on the weather.
- 1 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 6 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 7 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Environment Agency seize 52 illegal fishing devices from region’s rivers
- 10 Care home still 'requires improvement'
“We visit loads of places all over the country, Cornwall, Edinburgh, Isle of Wight, and the footage I could have got would have been brilliant, but unless you've got permission or have all the proper license, then it's a no."