Welney flood alert lifted
- Credit: Archant
Welney was given the OK today as the Environment Agency lifted a flood alert.
The Welney Flood Watch Facebook group – manned by volunteers from the village – passed on the news this afternoon.
Their most recent post said the Environment Agency duty officer “has removed the alert for Welney”.
Highways officials have been notified “so barriers and signage can be removed. We hope this will be as quick as possible”.
The group says they will not post again unless or until the threat of road flooding returns – and that will depend on rainfall.
Earlier in the day the group revealed that the river level at Welney had dropped to 2.27m and there was no flood water on the road.
Half barriers and signage had been in place in recent days although the road had remained passable throughout.
- 1 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 2 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 3 Take a look inside £600,000 period home with 'outstanding charm'
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
- 6 Santas learn how to put the Ho Ho Ho into Christmas
- 7 New deadline for £6m crematorium decision
- 8 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 9 Here’s what you can expect at Ely Folk Festival 2022
- 10 Person hit by train between Manea and Peterborough
Removal of the alert was authorised following a high tide that did not trigger flooding.