Welney flood alert lifted
- Credit: Archant
Welney was given the OK today as the Environment Agency lifted a flood alert.
The Welney Flood Watch Facebook group – manned by volunteers from the village – passed on the news this afternoon.
Their most recent post said the Environment Agency duty officer “has removed the alert for Welney”.
Highways officials have been notified “so barriers and signage can be removed. We hope this will be as quick as possible”.
The group says they will not post again unless or until the threat of road flooding returns – and that will depend on rainfall.
Earlier in the day the group revealed that the river level at Welney had dropped to 2.27m and there was no flood water on the road.
Half barriers and signage had been in place in recent days although the road had remained passable throughout.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Man caught red-handed after series of drug raids
- 3 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 4 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 7 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 8 Plea to give beloved Reba 'best fighting chance'
- 9 Murder suspects continue to be quizzed as detectives seek CCTV
- 10 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
Removal of the alert was authorised following a high tide that did not trigger flooding.