Knives and drugs found on 17-year-old in Littleport following police search
- Credit: Archant
Five weapons and a packet of drugs were found on a 17-year-old in East Cambridgeshire.
Five weapons and a packet of drugs were found on a 17-year-old in Littleport who was arrested and later released by police.
The bladed items and white substance were discovered by police following a stop and search on May 7.
The knives were seized and an investigation is underway.
Officers have now alerted parents to the dangers of what their children may be carrying in a post on social media, calling it "madness".
The post on Policing East Cambridgeshire read: "Parents - are you aware of what your kids are carrying?
"This lot taken following a police search from a 17-year-old. Madness."
- 1 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Missing woman back home
- 4 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 7 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
Residents commented on the post with concern, one writing: "Stiffer penalties are needed for carrying items like these.
"I wonder how many more are on the streets, this is just scary."
It comes as police have vowed in recent weeks to address concerns over more people carrying weapons in Cambridgeshire.
It is believed that the rising demand for drugs in Cambridge and the surrounding areas could also influence the amount of knife crime.