Knives and drugs found on 17-year-old in Littleport following police search
- Credit: Archant
Five weapons and a packet of drugs were found on a 17-year-old in East Cambridgeshire.
Five weapons and a packet of drugs were found on a 17-year-old in Littleport who was arrested and later released by police.
The bladed items and white substance were discovered by police following a stop and search on May 7.
The knives were seized and an investigation is underway.
Officers have now alerted parents to the dangers of what their children may be carrying in a post on social media, calling it "madness".
You may also want to watch:
The post on Policing East Cambridgeshire read: "Parents - are you aware of what your kids are carrying?
"This lot taken following a police search from a 17-year-old. Madness."
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 7 Prison escapees found with stolen £30,000 car thanks to quick-thinking neighbour
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
Residents commented on the post with concern, one writing: "Stiffer penalties are needed for carrying items like these.
"I wonder how many more are on the streets, this is just scary."
It comes as police have vowed in recent weeks to address concerns over more people carrying weapons in Cambridgeshire.
It is believed that the rising demand for drugs in Cambridge and the surrounding areas could also influence the amount of knife crime.