We are doing our best to stop fly-tippers
FURTHER to the recent letters and photos which have been sent in regarding rubbish dumped at recycling points around Ely, East Cambridgeshire District Council is also disgusted that anyone could leave rubbish that shouldn t be left at these recycling poin
FURTHER to the recent letters and photos which have been sent in regarding rubbish dumped at recycling points around Ely, East Cambridgeshire District Council is also disgusted that anyone could leave rubbish that shouldn't be left at these recycling points.
We share the frustrations of local residents when a small minority continually dump rubbish such as mattresses, nappies and in some cases, dog faeces at these sites. We do have signs warning against fly-tipping and we will rigorously use our powers to prosecute anyone we catch in the act.
We are stepping up our efforts to promptly collect rubbish which is left and will be getting our contractors to make more regular visits to clear the sties. There are a number of recycling centres around the district such as Grunty Fen where residents can take large items to be dealt with.
By working together we can tackle the issue of fly-tipping and keep our district clean and a welcoming place for everyone.
You may also want to watch:
Head of Environmental Services and Housing East Cambridgeshire District Council.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station