Waterbeach Surgery reopens three days earlier than planned amid coronavirus fears
- Credit: Archant
Waterbeach surgery has reopened three days earlier than planned amid growing coronavirus fears.
The surgery on Bannold Road was due to reopen on Monday (March 9) as part of a "routine precautionary measure".
In a statement, the surgery said: "Waterbeach is re-opening today with a limited service. We bear with us whilst we return to normal operation.
"You may be offered appointments to see a clinician today and over the weekend which won't necessarily be at the Waterbeach or with your routine clinician.
"Please help us by accepting these appointments where you possibly can. Thank you."
The news comes after the total of confirmed cases in England had risen, with 11 cases in the east.
You may also want to watch:
Last month, the surgery said they have made "necessary changes" after the Care Quality Commission forced it to close in November last year following an inspection.
These include using experienced remote GPs for telephone consultations, hiring a new practice manager and having a call queuing service to help ease reception waiting times, which aims to be installed between this month and April.
The surgery has also offered advice and guidance on dealing with coronavirus, asking anyone concerned to visit https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ or call the NHS on 111.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut